Running a business is never easy.
That’s why it can be tempting – especially in times of struggle – to make up stories. Or to use white lies, if you will.
Kind of like …acting, you might say.
That may be why this week’s podcast guest, Corey Blake, a long time working actor, found the transition from acting to business a natural one.
Corey is not only an actor, but an accomplished storyteller, TEDx speaker, and Founder and CEO of Round Table Companies. He is also a publisher at Conscious Capitalism Press.
This week Corey joins John of Smart Business Revolution to discuss his life as an actor, the events of his life which led him to his current success, and the value and power in being vulnerable.
In this episode, we also talk about:
- How Corey’s Training in Acting Translates Into the Business World
- The Methods Corey’s Company Uses to Change the Story of His Clients
- Corey’s Time as an Actor, and His Famous Super Bowl Commercial
- How Home Life Influenced Corey’s Life Choices
- Suspending Judgement and Recognizing the Humanity in Others
- Why Corey Left Los Angeles
- The Struggles of Starting a New Company
- Networking in Hollywood and Why Being Authentic Helps Good Relationships Happen Organically
- Why Corey Chose Vulnerability as the Subject for His TED Talk
- How Corey Came to be an Author
- What is “Conscious Capitalism”?
- Some People Don’t Like to Showcase Themselves
- Impacting the World Will Inevitably Rile People Up
- Why Books are Still Relevant Today
- Who Corey Thanks for His Success